The First Elimination

Saturday, June 13, 2009

All fourteen contestants lined up nervously. (Left to right in the photo: back- Hilda, Brianne, Kara, Meg, Sharon, Vita, Tiffanie. front- Taylor, Wendy, Clarissa, Taryn, Sandy, Remy, Chanel.)

Each were waiting to be asked the coveted phrase, 'will you accept this rose?' Don stood, with the 13 bouquets behind him, a stony look on his face. "This is always the hardest decision for me." he started. "Because I feel I haven't given any of you a chance. However, there are others who I really believe that I could love, and that needs to be adressed. I've reached a decision."

"Now, the prize. It will be marrying me, heir to the sinclaire 200 million simoleons. And you get to see my devilishly handsome good looks every day. Just kidding. Here we go..."


"The first name I'm going to call is a girl who made me laugh, and simply made a great impression on me. When we went on our date, I had a ton of fun! Kara, will you accept this rose?"

"Yeah! Duh!" Kara said, smiling and nodding her head, as she walked up to take her place. "Omigod!"

"The second girl stood out when we had lunch. I really liked her attitude. Taylor, will you stay and accept this rose?"


Taylor's face shone with shock as she hobbled down the stairs, reached Don and hugged him. "I would love to!"

"Eleven roses left..." Don began. "This bachelorette has a lot of spunk, and if today is any indication, she is a force to be wreckoned with. Remy!"

Remy clapped her hand to her head, smoothly glided over to Don, and accepted her spot. "Thank you..." she said quietly. Hilda was giving Remy the most disgusted look she could think of.

"The next name I'm going to call... Meg. I want to know all about you."



"The next rose goes to... Wendy." She ran over to him, ecstatic to be called fifth.

"Chanel."

"The seventh rose... will belong to Vita."
She gasped with shock and accepted her rose. "This is wonderful!"
The first seven bachelorettes stood behind Don, delighted, while the other seven waited tensely, clearly on the verge of tears.

"Seven of you, six roses." Don said. "The eighth rose... Hilda."
"Sure... I can stay aroud and take a beatin' or two." she exclaimed, and Don laughed.
"The ninth rose goes to... Brianne. You are so pretty and nice. Get on up here!"
"Oh... OH! I thought you'd never call me!" she wailed, tears streaming down her face.
"This next girl I'm very curious about. Tiff, if it's okay to call you that, come on down!"
"Of course its okay!" Tiffanie replied, clutching her chest.
Taryn, Sharon, Sandy, and Clarissa waited. Three roses were at stake.
"This next girl is in a class by herself... Clarissa, I want you!" he said, handing her a rose.

Clarissa skipped over. "Oh, Don!" she pretend cried, sobbing dramatically.

Shaking with laughter, Don handed her a rose.

"Well... this next girl has a ways to go, but I believe in her, and want her here. Taryn, will you accept this rose?"

Taryn finally let herself breathe. "YES! MORE THAN ANYTHING!" she said.

"You would have been called a lot higher, had you stuck up for yourself during our date. But don't worry, you're safe." Don smiled, and then turned to the remaining two girls.

"Will Sharon and Sandy please step forward."


Sandy was smiling, while Sharon was overwhelmed.

"Two wonderful ladies stand before me, but I only have one rose in my hands, and this represents the girl who is still in the running of the bachelor, season two. I will call only one name, and the girl who I do not call must immediately go downstairs, pack their belongings, and go home."

He continued. "I'll start with you, Sharon. The reason you are here is that I barely spoke one word to you. What was with that? This is a competition, and a little effort goes a long way."

"I know, but I was nervous, and insecure-" Sharon began.

"SH! So what? If you said the wrong thing, at least you tried. Half the girls up there made silly mistakes these few days. Who cares? They tried!"

"Sandy. You are a different case, a much different person. And the reason you are here is that I don't know if I like you as a person. Some of the things you said... our interactions... weren't enjoyable... I just didn't like your personality. You were a little too outspoken."

Sandy nodded, taking in every word."So who stays? The girl who didn't try, or the girl who just didn't cut it?" Don said.












"Sharon."
"Wha- she sniffed. her eyes shining with tears. "Ye- Yes!" she said, wiping her eyes and nose. "Oh, thank you thank you thank you!"
"Be more confident!" Don said, hugging her.
"I know... I know... I need to get over my insecurities!"
Sandy had, meanwhile, hung her head, saddened. "Thanks for this opportunity, y'all. I'm sorry ah couldn't git with the program."
"I'm the sorry one." Don told her kindly, as all the girls rushed over to hug her. After the goodbyes were said, Sandy marched out, head up, toward the elevator, and was gone.

Don held a bottle of champagne. "TO ALL THE LADIES STILL HERE... LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" he shouted.

2 comments:

The Lunar Fox said...

Awe, I actually liked Sandy though. She actually stood out and was the first girl I could pick out of the crowd. XD

Oh well, Taryn was the other girl who's name I learned.

bbop said...

hahaha don't worry, as it goes on (and more ladies go home!) it gets much easier to pick them out.

True to reality show style, I often give the girl who is eliminated (i.e. Sandy) and the potential castoffs (i.e. Hilda and Taryn) a lot more air time.

That's proabably why!

thanks for reading, by the way!

 
Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB